While you're hauling your kids around, spending interminable hours sitting on bleachers and folding chairs, and eating ballpark hot dogs, just look at it as a kind of retirement plan, albeit a risky one.
We've all heard of Renaissance men and Renaissance women, but the Petersons of Lilburn all six of them are a Renaissance family.
You don't create greatness by compromising in the middle ground. You create greatness by having the guts to wade through the unknown. The middle ground is safer, but seeking higher ground is worth the effort.
The soft lighting had hidden the ground-in dirt on his face. He exited the hotel which sits in downtown Memphis near the river and there he met up with another man who looked like him. Homeless, no doubt.
Normally a woman carries a child and nurtures it from birth, forming an unbreakable bond. The child will love her unconditionally until about age 13, at which point it will hate her for about six years before eventually coming to love her again. Meanwhile, she never stops loving the child, no matter what. That's known as motherhood.
As Ms. Senior Georgia, Mary King Lee is also encouraging all seniors to take care of themselves, to take supplements, diet, exercise and keep a positive attitude. Lifelong education is also part of her platform.
Are you listening to the wrong feedback?. All feedback is not valid. A big problem with feedback is that we often listen to the wrong sources.. For example, my friend Julie felt called to make handmade cards.. From an early age she crafted masterpieces. She spent hours on each card
With Mother's Day here again, my thoughts drift back to Mama and how she put me through college.
Gift-giving time is here again, guys, with Mother's Day right around the corner and, for many of us, anniversaries coming up next month. Fortunately, for those who have no idea what to get their wives -- which is to say, all of you -- I'm here once again with a column full of helpful hints.
My advice is, if you plan to convert your old videos, either do it soon enough so everything is still distinguishable or wait long enough that you don't even remember what you're missing.
The truth isn't always pretty. Or easy. But it certainly gives respect to those who tell it.
Sales is a noble profession; we shouldn't let it be sullied by the people who do it badly.
A look back at all that happened in April, a month that passed by quickly.
Give certain people a little bit of power, and they're apt to exercise it unjustly. Ironically, that tends to be especially true in situations where the stakes aren't particularly high -- like a neighborhood homeowners' association.
Twenty-something years ago several babies were born. Some of them wound up creating violence; others tried to save people from it. I want to know why.
Health and Wellness
- One of nation's youngest doctors graduates in Suwanee
- GMC to host EMS awards event
- One year later, Copeland looks ahead to busy summer 1 comment
- Prevalence of food, skin allergies rises with income
- Gwinnett Relay raises $1.5 million so far
- G-Braves to honor two Barrow County boys
- Journey begins with hard work, rewards for new moms 1 comment
- Thousands show up for Relay for Life
- Thousands expected for annual Relay event
- GMC announces new office of research
Home and Garden
- DALY: If given proper care, tomatoes will produce an abundant harvest
- DALY: Zoysia makes an attractive and durable lawn
- DALY: Heirloom vegetables valued for superior flavor
- DALY: Keeping carpenter bees away from your home
- DALY: If you lack space for a vegetable garden, consider using containers
- DALY: The native dogwood colors the spring landscape
- Annual spring plant sale at Gwinnett Tech
- DALY: Georgia Gold Medal plants are proven winners for the home landscape
- The Gwinnett County Master Gardener Association hosts tour of gardens
- DALY: Lawn care during early spring affects quality through the year