Watching some movies set in Georgia, you’d think a screen writer has never visited the South.
Whether you’re Louis Farrakhan or the KKK or the New Black Panthers or Westboro Baptist Church — or even Donald Trump — you have the right to say what you want. And so do I.
Changing yourself is a tough process; your ego wants to save you from all that work. The problem is, your ego doesn’t always know what’s best for you.
The U.S. Department of Entertainment, formerly known as the Federal Communications Commission, today announced a ban on inspirational sports-themed films.
Persuading people doesn’t mean manipulating them. It means bringing your most creative best thinking self to the table. If you care about your cause, your message, or your product, think about your audience.
A message from your U.S. Department of Religion
A critical decision is one that shapes your future, things that effect your career, your relationships, and your reputation.
Sticking together 150 years later
Something the other day took me back to a time, many years ago, when I followed the tight, winding roads of the mountains to present myself at the door of my maternal grandmother’s house.
Let me make this clear right up front: I don’t hate people who have tattoos. I don’t despise them or look down on them or think less of them just because they have tattoos. One of the people I love most in the world has several tattoos, souvenirs from his time in the U.S. Army.
When our firm first introduced Noble Purpose, we had a concept, but we weren’t very systematic in our methodology. It was more hit or miss, getting buy in where we could and figuring things out along the way with our clients.
The key is to men’s fashion is to think about what you would wear if you were 17 — and then put on anything else.
In the South, having a truck is akin to being free.
Being an optimist doesn’t mean ignoring the facts; it means holding onto your enthusiasm in the face of them.
It happens all the time. Tink will meet someone new around where we live and, invariably, that person will mention my daddy.
Health and Wellness
- Local nonprofit delivers devices for the disabled of Liberia
- HEALTH BRIEFS: Lifeline volunteers recognized for senior assistance
- Mega-merger would bolster Blue Cross in Georgia
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for July 27
- HEALTH BRIEFS: Gwinnett Medical Center hosts Concussion Baseline Testing
- Georgia trails other states in home health rankings
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for July 20
- Gwinnett Community Clinic shutting doors, says Obamacare cost it clients
- Agencies recommend to ACT safely with hot cars and kids
- HEALTH BRIEFS: First Lady Deal promotes immunizations at Northside
Home and Garden
- DALY: The addition of organic matter improves soil quality
- DALY: Use plants appropriately adapted to our climate
- DALY: Several plant diseases have influenced human history
- DALY: Several species of trees have long life spans
- DALY: Lawn fungus, tomatoes and flowers in downtown Lawrenceville
- DALY: Many insects provide a valuable service through pollination
- DALY: Keeping pests at bay in vegetable gardens
- DALY: Chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon have botanical origins
- DALY: Insect pest a major threat to hemlock trees
- DALY: Choosing plants that tolerate wet areas
- BUCK'S BYTES: Simple tech is often good tech
- BUCK'S BYTES: Should electrical wiring, lights still be so old school?