So, you think you’re good at movie trivia?
Film Fans features local residents reviewing a movie of the week. Want to be a film fan? Email email@example.com.
Six Flags Over Georgia transformed into a winter wonderland with twinkling LED lights, falling snow and festive Christmas trees for the all-new Holiday in the Park celebration.
Audiences can experience the classic Christmas story “It’s a Wonderful Life” but in a hilarious new way. The Alliance Theatre is partnering with Dad’s Garage to present the comical, holiday production “It’s a Wonderful Laugh.”
Gwinnett Ballet Theatre will be celebrating 33 years of producing its well-loved “Nutcracker” beginning Friday, Dec. 5, and continuing for three weekends.
By Venue Music
Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” is a tale that’s touched hearts for more than 150 years. Many have grown accustomed to experiencing the classic story as a major production with a large cast, lavish costumes and detailed set.
Christmas is a special time of year filled with friendship, family, love, celebration and joy. People come together and spend time with those they love, sharing special memories while making new ones.
Charming in small doses, the “Penguins of Madagascar” prove altogether less irresistible in their feature-length starring debut.
Country music lovers can take a break from the hectic holiday season to enjoy a night with Brantley Gilbert. The Georgia native is bringing his Let It Ride Tour with special guests Tyler Farr and Chase Bryant to the Gwinnett Arena tonight.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History offers several opportunities to celebrate the season and get in the holiday spirit while learning about other cultures.
Micheal Clark spotlights the DVD/Blu-ray release of the film “Thieves Like Us”
If a fictional live-action movie costs $40 million to produce and it makes $200 million at the worldwide box office, you can bet the farm that there is going to be a sequel, no matter how weak the premise or flimsy the material.
A profile on the restaurant Egg Harbor Café in Johns Creek.
Thanksgiving is over, and the holidays are in full-swing. Northeast Atlanta Ballet is offering people the chance to ring in the season with its classic rendition of E.T.A Hoffman’s tale, “The Nutcracker.”
- McLEOD: Will you be blindsided by the future?
- LARSON: Preserving gifts in a jar
- JENKINS: What your husband really wants, Part 2
- RICH: Cooking with a friend for Thanksgiving
- LARSON: Many teachers deserving of praise
- JENKINS: What your husband really wants, Part 1
- RICH: Nothing spreads faster than a rumor
- McLEOD: What does your inner talk track reveal?
- McLEOD: The real reason Monster’s CEO lost his job
- RICH: Children are often the best teachers
Health and Wellness
- GA-PCOM students get white coats
- HEALTH BRIEFS: North Georgia Medical Center recognized for cardiac patient data innovation
- Tips for healthy holiday eating
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for Nov. 24
- Free prescription discount program now available for county residents
- HEALTH BRIEFS: Lung cancer awareness pushed at Lawrenceville event
- ACA exchange workers put priority on Latino outreach
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for Nov. 16
- What to expect in Year 2 of Affordable Care Act enrollment
- Eastside Medical among 27 percent of state’s hospitals earning top safety rating
Home and Garden
- DALY: What are cranberries and where do they come from?
- DALY: Keeping rodents out of your home
- DALY: The naming of plants
- DALY: Pecans challenging, but rewarding to grow
- DALY: Deterring deer from garden plants
- DALY: Native plants have many advantages in the landscape
- DALY: Answering questions about fertilizing lawns, pine beetles and spring flowering bulbs
- DALY: Now is the time to plant onions and garlic
- DALY: What to do about stinging insects
- DALY: Mysterious webs in trees the result of the fall webworm
- BUCK'S BYTES: That was a big day for Apple
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: I fall for it every year.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Solitude is a good thing, in measured doses
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: We Americans do love our muscle cars
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Hannah Montana, twerking, and molly. I’m lost.
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Are you “Just a Housewife?”
- BUCK'S BYTES: Simple tech is often good tech
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Back-to-school isn’t what it used to be
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: What is it about gossip that fascinates us so?
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Civilization, culture alive and well in Gwinnett