Gift-giving time is here again, guys, with Mother's Day right around the corner and, for many of us, anniversaries coming up next month. Fortunately, for those who have no idea what to get their wives -- which is to say, all of you -- I'm here once again with a column full of helpful hints.
The teams at or near the top of the fundraising list in the Gwinnett County Relay for Life competition use unique and varied examples of events to generate more donations. They range from tricycle races, to pancake breakasts, talent shows and even a neon "reverse" prom.
My advice is, if you plan to convert your old videos, either do it soon enough so everything is still distinguishable or wait long enough that you don't even remember what you're missing.
The city of Suwanee has an exhibit on display from the Cold War that is 13 feet tall and weighs about 8,000 pounds.
The following is the Gwinnett County Public Schools lunch menu for the week of April 29.
Each week the Daily Post takes a snapshot of health scores from around the county that have been released by the Gwinnett County Health Department.
Registration is now open for summer camp programs designed to promote the development of social and life skills of students with autism.
Guy -- Meng. Jeff and Kathy Guy of Lawrenceville announce the engagement of their daughter, Courtney Lynn Guy of Lawrenceville to Matthew Reece Meng of Athens, son of Don and Denise Meng of Duluth.. The bride-elect is a graduate of Greater Atlanta Christian School and the University of Alabama
The comedic play "Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody" comes to the Buckhead Theatre in May.
On June 8, the traveling exhibit called "Weebles Coast to Coast" opens at Children's Museum of Atlanta.
Disney On Ice presents "Worlds of Fantasy" is coming to the Arena at Gwinnett Center May 1-5.
Here's a look at what other theaters are presenting in the spring and summer in the metro area.
The museum pays homage to the humans and mammals of the Ice Age.
It's finally time to put away those winter jackets and remember everything that spring has to offer. Here's a list of a few of the festivals Gwinnett is offering during this festive season.
A top academic German student will arrive soon in Hoschton to attend high school at Mill Creek High, where he will serve as an international youth ambassador for the 2013-14 year.
- JENKINS: Saying goodbye to another year of folding chairs and ballpark hot dogs
- LARSON: Renaissance family excels at just about everything 1 comment
- MCLEOD: Why compromise never works
- RICH: A change of fortune
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'At Any Price' insults target audience
- Sherlock, Watson hit the stage in Snellville
- Laughter to raise funds for Duluth nonprofit
- ART BEAT: 'Aladdin' takes stage by Northeast Atlanta Ballet
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' a thrilling, fun sequel to intergalactic saga
- Former GDP reporter releases book of short ‘Rhapsodies’ 1 comment
- Phoenix High graduation packs arts center
- Grayson to hosts summer farmers' market
- Cops: Mom threatened to blow up elementary school
- Library wins awards for commitment to arts
- New Norcross Walmart hiring 200
- Officials expect delays due to work on I-985
- High court rules in favor of bank in Suwanee foreclosure case
- Out to Lunch ... with Colin Rhoden
- IN BRIEF: Local man named VP of business development
- Weekend weather brings E. coli concerns, road closure