Various happenings in Gwinnett County this week
Personally, and in business, mastering people skills is life’s big difference-maker. It’s not easy, but important skills are rarely intuitive. Mastering the art of winning people over is the difference between being surrounded by support and enthusiasm versus having do everything on your own.
The Gold Award is the highest achievement for Girl Scouts.
Dozens of couples wed during an annual Valentines Day wedding event at the Gwinnett courthouse
Meeting to be held from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 25.
The Atlanta Regional Commission recently recertified Suwanee as a Green Community.
For the first time in school history, the Greater Atlanta Christian School Mock Trial team won the Region 9 title at the Lawrenceville Region Mock Trial competition.
Jackson Electric Membership Corporation is hosting the contest.
Pinckneyville Middle is one of several Gwinnett schools that are equipped with language labs that are designed to help students learn a foreign language by speaking it in a relaxed environment.
Classes begin March 27 for Snellville’s Citizens Police Academy.
Barwick — Goolsbee wedding
Last year, after reading about the yellow-bellied sap sucker in a Daily Post blog, I tried to find out more about the bird. Not only did I learn more than I could ever want to know, but I found myself clicked in at www.allaboutbirds.org a Web site posted by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- DALY: Japanese maples make great specimen plants
- WIGGINS: Some ideas on how to grow green this year
- HEALTH BRIEFS: Local primary care facility joins Northeast Georgia Physicians Group
- Pollen count skyrockets earlier than normal
- Weekly restaurant health inspections for March 10
- JENKINS: And the winner for most politically correct is...
- LARSON: Heart attack survivor throws heart into hobby
- MCLEOD: The big question that changes everything
- RICH: Remembering the long, cold winter
- MOVIE REVIEW: Documentary film 'Tim's Vermeer' is 'way too cool'
- Road work causes shift to Thompson Mill traffic
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: President Obama endorses U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson in re-election bid
- Gwinnett Tech president to retire
- GCPS social studies director to visit China
- National Weather Service issues freeze warning
- Gwinnett police looking for abuser of burned, earless dog
- BUSINESS BRIEFS: Mizuno USA to open distribution center in Braselton
- Starling Elementary implements county's first STEM program for elementary students
- Britt Elementary given international reading award
- Shiloh Elementary awarded more than $50,000 in grants