The Rainbow Village 18th Annual Golf Classic, presented by Jim and Billie Ellis and Wilmington Trust on Wednesday raised more than $57,000 this year, setting a new record for the flagship event.
Several national corporations have awarded three Gwinnett County Public Schools students scholarships for their hard work and success.
The city has honored the fallen soldiers for 20 years in a row.
A Snellville monastery home to a dozen women offers a break from the hustle and bustle most people associate with Gwinnett and metro Atlanta. The contemplative nuns devote the majority of their lives to prayer.
Normally a woman carries a child and nurtures it from birth, forming an unbreakable bond. The child will love her unconditionally until about age 13, at which point it will hate her for about six years before eventually coming to love her again. Meanwhile, she never stops loving the child, no matter what. That's known as motherhood.
Suwanee's Arts in the Park will have about 60 vendors, and many will conduct demostrations this week.
As Ms. Senior Georgia, Mary King Lee is also encouraging all seniors to take care of themselves, to take supplements, diet, exercise and keep a positive attitude. Lifelong education is also part of her platform.
The following is the Gwinnett County Public Schools lunch menu for the week of May 6.
The middle schoolers of Berkmar United Methodist Church raised more than $4,000 for World Vision.
A garden tour is scheduled for May 18 in Duluth, an event that will feature plantings by some of the city's best gardeners.
Equipment, appliances, etc. to be picked up on regular collection days
The Division of Family and Children Services is sponsoring a Business Attire and Heels Drive on behalf of Gwinnett County's Women's Shelter, Partners Against Domestic Violence.
Four students of Maxwell High School of Technology recently fared well at the State Auto Skills Competition.
Hamel -- Hornbeck. Amanda Hamel and James Hornbeck were married Oct. 12, 2012, in Bogart. The Rev. Sam Mixon officiated the ceremony.. The bride is the daughter of Don and Nancy Hamel of Hoschton and is a graduate of Parkview High School and Georgia College and State University. She is
Lindner -- Brogdon. Winfried and Susana Lindner of Lawrenceville announce the engagement of their daughter Ileana Nichole Lindner of Lawrenceville to Phillips Byrd Brogdon III, of Buford, son of Phillips Byrd Brogdon II and Nicole Brogdon of Buford.. The bride-elect is the granddaughter of Abelardo and Elsa Guzman, and
- DALY: If given proper care, tomatoes will produce an abundant harvest
- Grayson church gathers to pray for Oklahoma tornado victims 1 comment
- GMC to host EMS awards event
- Grayson church to hold prayer service for tornado victims
- JENKINS: Saying goodbye to another year of folding chairs and ballpark hot dogs
- LARSON: Renaissance family excels at just about everything 1 comment
- MCLEOD: Why compromise never works
- RICH: A change of fortune
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'At Any Price' insults target audience
- Sherlock, Watson hit the stage in Snellville
- District's largest senior class graduates
- Wounded vets fish with Falcons at annual event
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Local immigrants unhappy with governor's comments 1 comment
- GGC student's faked kidnapping a national story
- Students, teachers say goodbye for the summer
- Fire destroys Korean association building
- Jail dog program celebrates third anniversary
- Greenway extension approved 1 comment
- DOT suspends lane closures for the holiday
- GAB: Women's shelter fundraiser is Saturday