Codes of conduct are for kids, students and youth, not mature leaders.
In a recent speech to university students, President Obama mocked conservatives who questioned the constant intrusion of government in our lives. Americans, he proclaimed, should put our trust in the government to always do the right thing. Trust this government? Not only no, but heck no.
Columnist parrots White House talking points. A local radio producer and talk show host who passed away two years ago had an expression that encapsulated things that were too off the wall to explain: Damn, just damn.. That expression justly describes the liberal Democrats who would have to pause and
Robinson wrong on sequestration. In his column, Eugene Robinson ("Obama goes wobbly on sequestration," May 3, 7A) suggests that President Obama, by signing the "legislation that cushions air travelers" from the effects of sequestration cuts, missed the opportunity to make an irresponsible Congress face the consequences of its own
Sequester shows Obama is all about politics. Eugene Robinson's column ("Obama goes wobbly on sequestration" May 3, 7A) removes any and all doubt that the Democrat party and the liberal media are more concerned with making a political point rather than taking steps to move this country forward.. Rather than
Thankful for caution light. I am a longtime resident of Gwinnett living in the community called the Promise Land. I have worked extremely hard over the years to keep this part of Gwinnett a viable community and a great place to live.. I recently brought an issue to Commissioner Tommy
Attack on Bush disappointing. I am so deeply disappointed in the Daily Post for Eugene Robinson's column ("Stains on George W. Bush's presidential legacy," April 26, 7A) for publishing such an obviously extremely biased article on President Bush.
Thank you for remembering Fig in column. I just wanted to take a moment and thank Will Hammock for his column on Ryan Figlestahler ("Beloved 'Fig" remembered for humor, spirt," April 25, 1B).. I first met Ryan when I was 6 or 7 years old, and he was probably
Reflections on Boston. It was inspiring to me that the people of the Boston area stood shoulder to shoulder in solidarity and sang "God Bless America." Our hearts and prayers are focused on those families that have suffered tremendous pain and sorrow due to death and injury of this
Thanks to Darrell Huckaby for writing such a wonderful article ("Jenna asks: 'Where's God in tragedies?" April 30, 7A).
Management at the Arena at Gwinnett Center would not save tentative playoff dates for the Gladiators.
It was sad to read of former Loganville mayor Ray Nunley's passing.
As I read Darrell Huckaby's column ("Farewell to my first love," April 13, 8A), it transported me back to a time in my life where things were good and life was great, no matter what.
To Dick Yarbrough: I had become less and less of a avid reader.
Giving thanks for local school systemTo Dr. Alvin Wilbanks and the Gwinnett Board of Education:. As I look around to our neighboring school systems, the following comment comes to mind -- Thanks.. Bill Baughman, Snellville
- Temporary tattoos can have lasting effects 3 comments
- OUR VIEW: Stakes high as GGC searches for new leader
- OUR VIEW: Residents need to prepare themselves for vehicle title tax 12 comments
- OUR VIEW: Aim of pink paper to remind of need for early detection
- Bisher a legend who'll be missed
- OUR VIEW: Homework controversy needs thorough investigation, not rhetoric 8 comments
- OUR VIEW: HOT lanes hot button for road tax 10 comments
- OUR VIEW: Early detection key with breast cancer
- OUR VIEW: More to the story of Lilburn than mosque vote 2 comments
- OUR VIEW: Think it's HOT now? Wait until the lanes switch
- CEPEDA: Our hang-ups with official languages
- THOMAS: Obama inspires in Morehouse address
- THOMAS: Obama inspires in Morehouse address 1 comment
- CEPEDA: Our hang-ups with official languages 1 comment
- CLINE: A reminder of why I love newspapers
- THOMAS: Tyranny is no longer 'lurking' 12 comments
- WILL: Loss of trust biggest blow to Obama 3 comments
- CEPEDA: Missing school -- for vacation 3 comments
- O'REILLY: What happened to transparency, Mr. President? 2 comments
- MILBANK: GOP overplays its hand 1 comment