The state constitution is the most fundamental protection of self-governance.
Hillary Clinton may not be perfect, but at least she’s not Donald Trump
The Hit King belongs in the Hall of Fame.
I think not having two ways in and out of Georgie Pierce Park is a safety hazard. Emergency vehicles might not be able to get into the park to help someone. I don’t know if there is a way to access another exit with the layout of the land.
We need a new candidate for president and not recycled family candidates like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. We need someone who is genuinely concern for the American people. We need Elizabet Warren.
I must commend Kathleen Parker for her straightforward and non-partisan critique of why the U.S. Senate is dysfunctional, particularly in regard to the potential confirmation of Loretta Lynch as Attorney General of the United States.
Speaker Boehner and the Republican leaders in the House have not even held a hearing on this bill, voted on this bill, or offered an alternative bill. Yet neither Mr. Huckaby nor Mr. King has criticized Speaker Boehner or the Republicans for this woeful inaction to address our broken immigration system.
There are still no real proposals that would stop future mass illegal immigration. Isn’t it a shame that our citizenship and legal residency are to be traded for votes and cheap labor?
I agree with Nate McCullough that the media frenzy over Ebola has us envisioning Ebola victims sauntering down the street like the “Walking Dead” ready to infect anyone in sight with a deadly bite.
For a government official to try to intimidate or censor speech from the pulpit, or any other form of communication, is clearly unconstitutional and this effort by Houston’s mayor should not survive a single court challenge.
Congratulations to Pakistani teen Malala Yousufzai
Our county commission has chosen to ignore the hardship of the citizens of Gwinnett County and voted to retain the present property tax mileage rate. Due to an increase in property values the end result is a serious increase in property taxes.
I am sorry to hear the news of Coach Bill Lloyd’s passing. I had the privilege of playing for Coach Lloyd at CollinsHill High School when the school first opened.
When reading the May 21 paper, I noticed that a lot of front page coverage was given to the Republicans running fo the Senate. I also noticed that there was one line given to the Democrats running for the Senate. I have looked through the paper and have not found another article about that Senate race.
The lack of knowledge about the FairTax is why we should all read and research info and decide for ourselves rather than accept our favorite politician’s opinion on important matters. If you can’t afford the Fair Tax book, visit the library.
- OUR VIEW: Winding road finally leads to school bus cameras
- OUR VIEW: Teacher of the Year finalists best of the best
- OUR VIEW: Pink paper’s goal: Raise awarness for breast cancer
- OUR VIEW: Gwinnett Public Schools distinguishes itself with second Broad Prize
- OUR VIEW: Georgia Gwinnett College puts best foot forward in welcoming incoming students
- OUR VIEW: Thumbs up to Moore, county for animal shelter improvement
- OUR VIEW: Start of school brings reminder to be cautious around buses
- OUR VIEW: Tax rate decision prudent if not popular
- OUR VIEW: On the road, remember to ‘move over’ for emergency personnel
- OUR VIEW: Reminder of public hearings for county millage rate
- SOWELL: Another mistake by the Supreme Court
- PARKER: The evolution of Michelle Obama
- CEPEDA: The damage of a strict upbringing
- CLINE: A throwback role: the humble hero
- THOMAS: Same-sex marriage is only the beginning
- DICK YARBROUGH: Five young men define a successful life
- DARRELL HUCKABY: Advice for a marriage filled with happiness and joy
- SMITH: Bill Petty: Smalltown hero
- ROBINSON: The fall of the Confederacy
- REAGAN: Golf a nice diversion for the weekend