A group of employees from BB&T helped remodel the center's "strength" room, making it more practical and welcoming for the homeless women and children who stay there.
The proposed Marriott hotel that would be built at Gwinnett Center looks like a great deal for the county. But the BOC must make sure it doesn't also improperly benefit one of its own.
Alana Greene and her family recently completed a major challenge -- to find something fun to do every day for a year. And write a blog about it.
Aimee Copeland went through some ups and downs last week, her father reports. But as the South Gwinnett grad continues to fight, her hometown of Snellville continues its support.
Center also has openings for direct support professionals to work weekend shifts.
Blood drive to support Aimee Copeland proof of people's inherent goodness.
The Squillace family grew up watching game shows together. On Monday they'll be on one when "Family Feud" airs with them as contestants.
When Kevin and Rea Queen were looking for names for their children, they wanted something unique. From there, a family tradition linked to North Carolina was born.
Honoree Chip Grissom made an inspring speech about what it's like to battle, and beat, cancer.
I first moved to Gwinnett more than two decades ago, and like others who have been here that long or longer, I've seen a myriad of change in the county.
Sometimes looking ahead is the best way to go.
We regard toughness as a masculine quality, but I know better.
Familiarity is fine, but sometimes it's much more fun to not know where you're going.
SUWANEE -- We all know that every dog has its day. But this past weekend I was reminded they get some mornings, too, as the Georgia SPCA hosted its Run for the Rescues 5K.
Furman Bisher won awards too numerous to name in his distinguised sports writing career, but my top memory of him is the way he treated his fellow writers no matter how large or small the paper.
- MURPHY: New website adding online opportunities for Daily Post
- MURPHY: There's help if you want to buy American
- MURPHY: We need facts before airport decision
- MURPHY: Daily Deal adds value to the Post
- MURPHY: Journalism requires pursuit of objectivity
- MURPHY: Who wants to be Gwinnett's next commission chairman?
- MURPHY: Spin drowns out facts of airport expansion 1 comment
- MURPHY: Try planes near airport before we buy expansion
- MURPHY: Runoff system too costly in a time of tight money
- MURPHY: We all must show ID to get what we want