The Brighter Smiles For a Brighter Future campign has raised almost $1 million in the fight against cancer. The grouip now aids the Gwinnett Medical Center's Women's Pavilion in purchasing equipment to help in the battle against breast cancer.
Gwinnett Corps planning early for kettle campaign with goal of eclipsing the $255,000 raised last year.
They are sobering numbers, ones that motivate David Post and the others who run the nonprofit "Care for Cops." On average, a police officer is killed in the line of duty every 53 hours.
If those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, what about the ones who do learn? If they're like Alice McCabe, they're destined to chronicle it.
Eight is not a number golfers generally like to associate with. No one wants to sign for the dreaded "snowman" on their scorecard. But this weekend 8 is Gregg Mooney's number.
It's a story Hollywood would love, complete with a happy ending.
With football season here, there's little time to do anything else. That is, if you're a true fan.
A trip to Ireland meant driving on the "wrong" side of the road and the terror that (sometimes) comes with it.
Postcard request brings back good memories
Not a day goes by when Don Magee doesn't do a set of push-ups. Pushing his 79th birthday, he averages 1,000 per day with a goal of doing 4,000 in one day by the time he reaches 80.
Make no mistake, the Olympics are a television show more than a sporting event. And a good one at that.
As a letter writer to the Daily Post, George Morin was a lighting rod for criticism of his liberal view. But good friend Kurt Schwaneman will tell you he was much more than that.
Shared history and the stories that go with it are what provide the glue to most friendships.
On Aug. 18, the Georgia SPCA will hold its third annual "You Ain't Nothing But A Pound Dog" event, the organization's largest fundraiser.
With five locals headed to the Olympics, Gwinnett fans will have plenty to watch -- and cheer for -- when the Olympics begin July 27.
- MURPHY: New website adding online opportunities for Daily Post
- MURPHY: There's help if you want to buy American
- MURPHY: We need facts before airport decision
- MURPHY: Daily Deal adds value to the Post
- MURPHY: Journalism requires pursuit of objectivity
- MURPHY: Who wants to be Gwinnett's next commission chairman?
- MURPHY: Spin drowns out facts of airport expansion 1 comment
- MURPHY: Try planes near airport before we buy expansion
- MURPHY: Runoff system too costly in a time of tight money
- MURPHY: We all must show ID to get what we want