Well, boys and girls, I see by the old clock on the wall that it is June already. We know what that means. It is time for Answer Man to dig into the Question Box and see what is on your hearts and
Dear Public School Teachers in Georgia:. It looks as if you have survived another year of underwhelming support from state legislators, many of whom would kiss a tree toad if so instructed by the anti-public education crowd. I know it is frustrating
David Pennington, the mayor of Dalton, is making noises about challenging incumbent Gov. Nathan Deal in the 2014 Republican primary. Say what?. I visited the mayor a couple of weeks ago at his office to see if he was truly serious. He tells me he is and that he will
This is the story of courage. This is a story of tenacity. This is the story of Hill Daniel.. Daniel, a 21-year-old senior at LaGrange College, will be graduating next week with a degree in psychology after a distinguished college career in which he served as president of
RING! RING!. "Hello, this is Teya Ryan, president of Georgia Public Broadcasting. I am calling to ask you to consider a donation to GPB. If you donate $250, we will send you a talking frog.". KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!. "Please excuse me a moment. Yes, Wanda? What is it?"
When the terrorist attacks occurred in Boston during the running of the Boston Marathon, memories came flooding back of our own dark days in Atlanta.
It turns out that you can go home again.
They are the best University of Georgia athletic team you have likely never heard of. They have won five national titles and go into next week's national championships one of the favorites to win it all again. Their home record is 44-1.
When the phone rang, I knew who was on the other end: Skeeter Skates, owner of Skeeter's Tree Stump Removal and Plow Repair in Greater Metropolitan Pooler. I can't tell you exactly why but the phone always sounds more urgent when Skeeter calls.. One thing about Skeeter Skates. He gets
I have a good idea what Daniel felt like when he was tossed into the lion's den way back yonder. I found myself last week on the floor of the State House and the State Senate, looking eyeball-to-eyeball with
It is a theological fact that God really likes Georgia. That is why He put mountains in north Georgia and the Golden Isles smack up against the Atlantic Ocean and added a bunch of lakes and parks and historical sites in
Let's face it. Judges can be pretty scary folks to We the Unwashed. But m intent today is to let a good man know that he has made a positive difference in more lives than he can imagine.
The Georgia House of Representatives has passed an ethics reform bill and has sent it on its way to the state Senate for its consideration and action. But don't get out the confetti just yet.
My fellow Americans: (Yea! Clap! Clap! Clap!) I come to you today to report on the state of your column.
Are you sitting down? I had a meeting with House Speaker David Ralston last week at the Capitol. Got your breath yet? There's more. It was a good meeting.
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall, Johnson hosting town hall forums this week
- County noise ordinance partially struck down
- Gwinnett celebrating water resources, employees this week
- P.K. Martin named an emerging leader in Republican Party
- Former Gwinnett inmate calls for reform after winning civil suit
- County administration center reopened after security concern
- POLITICAL NOTEBOOK: Woodall co-sponsors bill to end free mail for congressmen
- Planning commission postpones decision on massive Loganville-area development
- Charlotte Nash taking the reins at statewide commissioners group
- BOC approves $13.3 million road resurfacing project
- School lunch menus for the week of May 4
- GOOD NEWS FROM SCHOOLS: Snellville Commerce Club awards scholarships
- Snellville native honored for contributions to UGA’s multicultural community
- GGC to waive application fee through May 10
- State education leaders visit Trip Elementary’s French dual language immersion program
- Georgia Gwinnett College announces spring graduation speaker
- Georgia Gwinnett associate VP named ACE Fellow
- Gwinnett Tech student nominated for all-Georgia community college academic team
- Discovery High to hold PTA organizational meeting
- Golf tourney to benefit Special Needs Schools of Gwinnett capital campaign