I have said it before, but let me repeat: I have no problem with charter schools. I did have a big problem with the ham-handed way last November's charter school referendum was rammed through by proponents.
Well, boys and girls, I see by the old clock on the wall that it is June already. We know what that means. It is time for Answer Man to dig into the Question Box and see what is on your hearts and
Dear Public School Teachers in Georgia:. It looks as if you have survived another year of underwhelming support from state legislators, many of whom would kiss a tree toad if so instructed by the anti-public education crowd. I know it is frustrating
David Pennington, the mayor of Dalton, is making noises about challenging incumbent Gov. Nathan Deal in the 2014 Republican primary. Say what?. I visited the mayor a couple of weeks ago at his office to see if he was truly serious. He tells me he is and that he will
This is the story of courage. This is a story of tenacity. This is the story of Hill Daniel.. Daniel, a 21-year-old senior at LaGrange College, will be graduating next week with a degree in psychology after a distinguished college career in which he served as president of
RING! RING!. "Hello, this is Teya Ryan, president of Georgia Public Broadcasting. I am calling to ask you to consider a donation to GPB. If you donate $250, we will send you a talking frog.". KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!. "Please excuse me a moment. Yes, Wanda? What is it?"
When the terrorist attacks occurred in Boston during the running of the Boston Marathon, memories came flooding back of our own dark days in Atlanta.
It turns out that you can go home again.
They are the best University of Georgia athletic team you have likely never heard of. They have won five national titles and go into next week's national championships one of the favorites to win it all again. Their home record is 44-1.
When the phone rang, I knew who was on the other end: Skeeter Skates, owner of Skeeter's Tree Stump Removal and Plow Repair in Greater Metropolitan Pooler. I can't tell you exactly why but the phone always sounds more urgent when Skeeter calls.. One thing about Skeeter Skates. He gets
I have a good idea what Daniel felt like when he was tossed into the lion's den way back yonder. I found myself last week on the floor of the State House and the State Senate, looking eyeball-to-eyeball with
It is a theological fact that God really likes Georgia. That is why He put mountains in north Georgia and the Golden Isles smack up against the Atlantic Ocean and added a bunch of lakes and parks and historical sites in
Let's face it. Judges can be pretty scary folks to We the Unwashed. But m intent today is to let a good man know that he has made a positive difference in more lives than he can imagine.
The Georgia House of Representatives has passed an ethics reform bill and has sent it on its way to the state Senate for its consideration and action. But don't get out the confetti just yet.
My fellow Americans: (Yea! Clap! Clap! Clap!) I come to you today to report on the state of your column.
- New Gwinnett property tax districts moving forward
- Library board names interim director 2 comments
- Grayson City Council sets public hearing dates for millage rate
- Dedication ceremony to remember fallen officer
- Library director fired without cause 7 comments
- Suwanee man sentenced for million dollar tax fraud 1 comment
- Suwanee to hold public hearing about budget 2 comments
- Library director's future uncertain 7 comments
- Drivers adjust to new interchange
- Gwinnett Police to hold job fair 2 comments
- Governor commends Master Teachers
- GOOD NEWS: Top teacher named to nationwide Dream Team
- Student competes in National History Day contest
- GCPS could use local-made film in curriculum
- GCPS honored with Emmy Award
- Free class for kids teaches organic gardening
- School wins $100K grant for PE intiatives
- College receives threatening phone call
- GOOD NEWS: College-sponsored Merit Scholarship winners named
- Sweepstakes, program encourage reading 1 comment