Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman is yet another victim of the war on drugs. Prohibition is not working. It is time to try something new.
For those who choose the easier and constantly changing message that is based primarily on fictional fodder, diluted doctrine and most often, a weak spine, their message will be forever blurred. They are the ones who people will constantly ask that dreaded question. “What are they trying to say?”
The real problem with the two messy sub issues outlined above is that diligent consideration of both illegal and legal immigration is required in order to finally reform the immigration system. But this seems beyond Washington’s grasp these days.
Republicans may yet rescue the Democrats, while demoralizing their own supporters and utterly failing the country.
Whether you decide to attend college or go to work, it should be, at least in part, a financial decision. Be smart to know that marketable skills as well as specialized knowledge, and rigorous training are important criteria for well-paying jobs.
I served as a judge at the Gwinnett County Spelling Bee for the seventh time Saturday at Central Gwinnett High School. Though I’m somewhat a veteran of the event at this point, the kids who compete in it still amaze me.
If Republicans fail to come up with a workable immigration plan, they will simultaneously help Democrats who rely on the Hispanic vote and lose Republican votes. As Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz told Breitbart News, they could also fail to achieve their major goal for 2014: winning a Senate majority.
American humorist Will Rogers once said, “I don’t make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.” Ol’ Will would have loved the Georgia Legislature. They are the gift that keeps on giving.
The day will come, I predict, when world leaders are willing, even desperate, to curb greenhouse gases. But by then, I’m beginning to fear, it will probably be too late.
When a formerly well-esteemed Hispanic actress trots her Chihuahua out to shill for a Minuteman in Spanish, well, the cognitive dissonance alone was bound to set people off.
Jay Leno will leave “Tonight” number one in total audience ratings and number one with the coveted younger demographic. He is living proof that sometimes — not often, but on occasion — nice guys can finish first.
When it comes to weather, the pecking order of heartiness is interesting. It seems everyone thinks everyone else is a wimp.
Rather than end the idea of a Republican war on women, Huckabee has merely provided fresh fodder to Democrats, while reminding women why they don’t want to associate with this crowd. Clue-less.
Fixated as we Americans are on Canada’s three most attention-getting exports — polar vortexes, Alberta clippers and the antics of Toronto’s addled mayor — we’ve somewhat overlooked a major feature of Canada’s current relations with the United States: extreme annoyance.
Scientists also believe there is a correlation between being happy and living a long life. I’ve got a chance here. I am never happier than when I am tweaking the humor-impaired among us and reading their blustery emails.
- OUR VIEW: Boy Scouts, honorees deserve thumbs up for American Values Dinner
- OUR VIEW: In Snellville, the neighborhood watch is a SNAP
- OUR VIEW: STAR luncheon perfect highlight of student-teacher relationship
- OUR VIEW: Weathering the storm
- OUR VIEW: Long list of football signees shows Gwinnett’s strength in numbers
- OUR VIEW: Daily Post proud to be part of local Spelling Bee
- OUR VIEW: Same old saga in Snellville
- OUR VIEW: State of County address offers positive news
- OUR VIEW: Thumbs up to Lilburn officers for their good deed
- OUR VIEW: Kick off the new year by being a Red Cross blood donor
Letters to the Editor
- Lilburn greenway nice, but not at expense of grant money
- LETTERS: Highlighting the loving nature of Lent
- LETTERS: Horse feathers to Obama being good at taking blame
- LETTERS: Traffic needs to be considered before mix-used project complete
- LETTERS: Letter off the mark on criticism of Obama
- LETTERS: At least Christie takes responsibility
- LETTERS: Why can't they all get along in Snellville?
- LETTERS: CFI, like DDI, good for traffic flow
- LETTERS: Thoughts heading into a new year
- LETTERS: U.S. is not mediocre