So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Jared Oberfeld of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name a movie where Will Ferrell appeared in the nude.
A: “Old School”
2. Name two movies where Angelina Jolie received Golden Globe nominations for playing a non-fictional character.
A: “A Mighty Heart,” “Changeling,” “George Wallace” and “Gia”
3. Name a character played by Jack Nicholson that appeared in more than one film.
A: J.J. Gittes (“Chinatown,” “The Two Jakes”) and Garrett Breedlove (“Terms of Endearment,” “The Evening Star”)
4. Name the last person to win Oscars for acting in both the lead and supporting categories.
A: Cate Blanchett (“The Aviator” and “Blue Jasmine”)
5. What non-fictional restaurant chain is mentioned by name and/or has the company logo shown multiple times in “Fight Club?”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name the last movie to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture whose title character died in the film.
2. What is the common non-professional bond shared by: Spike Lee, Brittany Murphy, Ed Helms, Chloe Moretz, Chris Tucker, Steven Soderbergh, Stephen Dorff, Ryan Seacrest and Kanye West?
3. What was the name of Holly Golightly’s pet cat in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s?”
4. Who was the last person to be nominated for a Best Director Oscar twice in the same year?
5. Name three movies in which Denzel Washington’s character was an active member of the U.S. military.
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.