Wednesday, March 26, 2014
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE — A Lawrenceville church is hosting a Genealogy Workshop this weekend.
The public is invited to attend to learn how to document family history. Several classes will be offered during the event, which will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, March 29, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 3355 Sugarloaf Parkway in Lawrenceville.
The workshop is free to attend and classes include:
• Navigating FamilySearch.org
• Family Tree within Family Search
• Save Time — Work Smarter
• Military and Pension Records
• Genealogy Proof Standards
• Using Georgia Land Lotteries present by Susan Sloan with the Georgia Genealogy Society
• Online Research
• The Walking Dead
• Tombstone Tips
• Cherokee Genealogy Research presented by Bruce Maney with Button Gwinnett SAR
• Area Genealogy Collections
The workshop is sponsored by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Atlanta Chapter of Sons of the American Revolution and Daughters of the American Revolution, Suwanee Creek.
For more information and to register for the workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org