Producer and cast member Brad Pitt of the film “12 Years A Slave” stands next to the film’s director Steve McQueen, right, as they pose with their best picture awards at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood on March 2. (Reuters/Mario Anzuoni)
So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Kelly Parmalee of Dacula.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name someone who won a Golden Globe and an Oscar for the same role in the same film but in different acting categories.
A: Kate Winslet in “The Reader”
2. Name a living actor or actress who has won one Oscar but not as an actor, writer or director.
A: Brad Pitt — producer (Best Picture) — “12 Years a Slave”
3. What singer/musician/composer wrote/performed at least three songs that appeared in “American Hustle”?
A: Jeff Lynne
4. Name a movie to receive five or more Oscar nominations in acting categories.
A: “Network” and “The Godfather II”
5. What was the three-digit lock combination for the briefcase in “Pulp Fiction”?
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name a movie where Will Ferrell appeared in the nude.
2. Name two movies where Angelina Jolie received Golden Globe nominations for playing a non-fictional character.
3. Name a character played by Jack Nicholson that appeared in more than one film.
4. Name the last person to win Oscars for acting in both the lead and supporting categories.
5. What non-fictional restaurant chain is mentioned by name and/or has the company logo shown multiple times in “Fight Club”?
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.