ON THE MENU
• Chicken Danillo — Chicken sauteed in white wine with fresh tomatoes, bacon and fresh basil served over spaghetti, $13.95
• Fruitte de Mare — Mussels, shrimp, clams and calimari in scampi wine sauce over linguini, $15.95
• Veal Saltimbucca — Tender veal sauteed with shallots and sage served over a bed of fresh spinach and topped with proscuitto and mozzarella cheese in a marsala wine sauce, $14.94
• Eggplant Rollatini — Fresh eggplant filled and rolled with ricotta and mozzarella cheese then baksed with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, $10.95
2700 Braselton Highway, Dacula, GA 30019
• Open since: 2004
• Owner: Dacula resident Kenny Biba
• Location: The restaurant is off Braselton Highway in the Kroger shopping center in Dacula.
• Hours: 3 to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 3 to 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sundays
• Atmosphere: Antoneta’s has a traditional New York Italian style flair with brick walls and a wooden bar. Decorations include matchbooks from various Italian bars and restaurants and images of Italian chefs. The bar area is separated from the dining area by a brick wall open just a few feet at the top.
• Menu: The menu at Antoneta’s is loaded with Italian favorites, including pastas, salads, pizzas, calzones and specialty entrees. The restaurant prides itself on having fresh-made food and everything is made in-house, including rolls with special seasonings and fresh garlic. The restaurant’s two desserts, tiramisu and cannoli, are fresh made in house as well.
For appetizers, Antoneta’s has many options from which to choose. Fried mozzarella sticks, spinach and artichoke dip, mussels, tomato bruschetta and the fresh-baked rolls are just some of the appetizers available.
Pizzas and calzones are particularly popular for both dining in and take-out. There are options to create your own pizza or calzone, as well as specialty pizzas. The Italian Stuffed Pie is a common favorite, with dough over the top and sausage, ham, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese and a touch of sauce stuffed inside.
Antoneta’s offers a variety of entrees made of veal, chicken, eggplant and seafood. The specials are usually seafood dishes and are featured on weekends.
Gabi’s chicken and shrimp is one of the most popular dishes — blackened chicken and shrimp are served over garlic and oil penne pasta with fresh tomatoes, capers, feta cheese and fresh basil.
• Things you might not know: Kenny Biba is originally from the Bronx, New York. Italian food has been the family business for many years. The restaurant is named for Kenny’s wife and two of their children work in the restaurant.
Antoneta’s opened a second location in Grayson in September 2013 with the same menu and desire to share fresh, homemade Italian cuisine.