Monday, March 3, 2014
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
LAWRENCEVILLE — Gwinnett County firefighters responded to a house fire Monday evening at a Lawrenceville residence.
Crews responded to a report from a neighbor of a chimney on fire on the 1400 block of Laurel Haven Court and found flames issuing from the top of a chimney stack on a two-story wood frame house.
The homeowner had attempted to the douse the fire in the chimney with a portable (dry-chemical) fire extinguisher prior to the fire department’s arrival but was unsuccessful.
Firefighters used a single-hose line to spray water up into the fireplace and chimney from inside the house to put the fire completely out.
“The fire was quickly extinguished and was contained to the chimney chase with no extension,” said Capt. Tommy Rutledge, spokesman for Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services. “There was no fire damage to the structure.”
The fire did sent slight smoke throughout the house, which was ventilated once the fire was out. There were no injuries reported and occupants were able to remain in the house.