Test your film knowledge with Michael Clark
So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Jess Turner of Winder.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name two movies where Paul Newman played a professional athlete.
A: “Somebody Up There Likes Me,” “Winning” and “Slap Shot”
2. What person has lost the most times in competition for acting Oscars?
A: Meryl Streep (15 losses)
3. Name the last person to win an acting Oscar while speaking three or more languages.
A: Christoph Waltz (English, French, German and Italian) in “Inglourious Basterds”
4. What feature film included the most songs written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney?
A: “Across the Universe”
5. According to the Tom Hanks character in “You’ve Got Mail,” the answers to all of life’s questions can be answered by what film?
A: “The Godfather”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name a movie directed by Warren Beatty in which a character he played in the film did not die.
2. The opening scene in “Forrest Gump” was set and shot in what city?
3. Who was the first person to be nominated for an acting Oscar in a film in which they played multiple characters?
4. Name two people who received Oscar nominations in the same Best Lead Actor or Best Lead Actress category in the same film.
5. A portion of what No. 1 Top 40 song does Matt Damon’s character sing in “Good Will Hunting?”
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.