So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Michelle Jameson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) Name two multiple Oscar-winning performers who played parent and child in one film and love interests to each other in another film.
A: Tom Hanks and Sally Field (“Forrest Gump” and “Punchline”)
2) In “Sling Blade,” what was Karl’s favorite meal (please be as specific as possible)?
A: Biscuits and French Fries with mustard
3) Who is the last person to win Oscar and Grammy awards — both for performing?
A: Jamie Foxx
4) What is the common acting bond shared by Faye Dunaway, Diane Keaton, Julie Christie, Halle Berry, Annette Bening, Goldie Hawn, Carrie Fisher and Natalie Wood?
A: All appeared in movies with Warren Beatty as his characters’ love interest
5) Name two movies where characters played by Jack Nicholson were murdered.
A: “Easy Rider,” “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest,” “The Departed” and “Mars Attacks!”
Now, for this week’s questions:
Name someone who won an acting Oscar for a performance in a film directed by their current or former spouse.
Name two movies starring Russell Crowe where he played a non-fictional character.
What actor has co-starred in at least three films with Jessica Chastain?
Name someone to win a Razzie (Golden Raspberry) Award for a performance in an “X” or “NC-17” rated film.
What actor or actress’ combined films have made the most money at the all-time box office?
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.