So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Anita Walters of Duluth.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name a movie directed by Warren Beatty where a character he played in the film did not die.
A: “Dick Tracy”
2. The opening scene in “Forrest Gump” was set and shot in what city?
3. Who was the first person to be nominated for an acting Oscar in a film where they played multiple characters?
A: Peter Sellers in “Dr. Strangelove”
4. Name two people who received Oscar nominations in the same Best Lead Actor or Best Lead Actress category in the same film.
A: Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon in “Thelma & Louise,” Tom Hulce and F. Murray Abraham in “Amadeus,” Barry Fitzgerald and Bing Crosby in “Going My Way” and Tom Courtenay and Albert Finney in “The Dresser”
5. A portion of what No. 1 Top 40 song does Matt Damon’s character sing in “Good Will Hunting?”
A: “Afternoon Delight”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name the last movie for which two people of the same gender won Academy Awards for acting.
2. Who was director Brian DePalma’s original choice to play the title character in “Scarface”?
3. What is the highest grossing Western of all-time?
4. What was the first DreamWorks studio film to make more than $100 million at the box office?
5. Name a movie in which Jennifer Connelly appears in the nude.
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.