So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Jason Nickolay of Elko, Minn.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name someone who appeared as themself in “GoodFellas.”
A: Henny Youngman
2. What was the first feature-length animated Disney film?
A: “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”
3. Doris Day, Joan Crawford, Ingrid Bergman, Audrey Hepburn, Patricia Neal, Geraldine Page, Ava Gardner, Shelley Winters, Angie Dickinson, Judy Garland, Deborah Kerr, Lana Turner, Angela Lansbury and Rita Hayworth were all considered to play the part of what movie character?
A: Mrs. Robinson in “The Graduate”
4. What is the common movie bond shared by Morgan Freeman, Alanis Morissette, Charleton Heston,Graham Chapman, Ralph Richardson, Gene Hackman, Rob Zombie and Val Kilmer?
A: All played or voiced God
5. In what state was Perdition located in “Road to Perdition”?
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. What was the last song heard in “Heathers”?
2. How long does the Kevin Spacey character say he has before he will die in “American Beauty”?
3. Name a movie where Jack Nicholson played a musician.
4. Name the last person to win Oscars for writing and directing for the same film.
5. Name someone who has received an Oscar nomination for acting for playing a transexual.
The first person (located in the US) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.