Every week, flex yourmovie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Anita Walters of Duluth.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. What was the last film to win the Best Picture Oscar that was released in the month of February?
A: “The Silence of the Lambs”
2. Jack Nicholson, Warren Beatty, James Caan, Dustin Hoffman, Robert Redford, Ryan O’Neal and Martin Sheen all auditioned for the role of what iconic, multi-film character?
A: Michael Corleone (“The Godfather”)
3. Name two movies where Tom Hanks’ character dies by gunshot.
A: “Saving Private Ryan” and “Road to Perdition”
4. Name two people that have won Oscars for acting and — as singers — have sold over 25 million albums each worldwide.
A: Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand
5. What Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee produced multiple Monty Python films?
A: George Harrison
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. Name the last person to win an acting Oscar for their portrayal of a non-fictional writer.
2. Name a Clint Eastwood-directed movie set in Georgia.
3. What breed of dog was the title character in “My Dog Skip”?
4. What person has performed (on screen or off) in the most movies written by Quentin Tarantino?
5. Who was the first female to receive $20 million or more for acting in a film?
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. If no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.