On The Menu
• Bacon cheeseburger omelet — Angus beef and bacon with a choice of cheese, $9.25
• Western breakfast sandwich — Eggs scrambled with diced ham, onions, peppers and shar cheddar cheese available on a choice of white, whole wheat ir rye bread, $4.25
• Peachtree Cafe Burger — A cheddar cheese and jalapeno-stuffed patty topped with grilled bacon and a homemade pech salsa, $10.99
• Cheesy chicken wrap — Grilled chicken, melted, sharp cheddar cheese, grilled bacon, jalapenos and ranch rolled in a flour tortilla, $8.75
• Open since: Jan. 31, 2011
• Owners: Victor Erazo and Nardo Sanmartin
• Location: The business is just off Clayton Street in Lawrenceville.
• Hours: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
• Atmosphere: The cafe has a retro feel with bright oranges and reds. Table, booth and counter seating are available, and there’s a lounge area at the entrance.
• Menu: The Peachtree Cafe serves breakfast and lunch all day every day it’s open, offering breakfast specials until 9 a.m. and daily lunch specials on weekdays that typically include a sandwich with a soup on the side.
One of the most popular orders at the cafe is the “Picture Waffle,” called that because it’s made exactly like the picture on the menu shows. It’s a homemade Belgian waffle covered with blueberries, melon, strawberries, bananas and grapes — sometimes kiwi and pineapple when in season — topped with whipped cream and drizzled with a strawberry or blueberry syrup. Customers can also order it with chocolate chips.
Other popular breakfast items include omelets — the Western made with diced ham, sauteed bell peppers and onions with melted sharp cheddar cheese and the Veggie that combines sauteed mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and fresh spinach.
For lunch, the customer favorite is the reuben, with its homemade corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island on freshly baked marble rye bread.
Beverages include coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, fountain drinks, tea brewed daily, juices, chocolate milk, chai lattes and hot tea.
• Things you might not know: The cafe just celebrated its three-year anniversary. If you’re stopping by, you might want to check out the Wall of Fame, a slideshow of photos depicting customers and staff that displays on a television screen.