ON THE MENU
• Szechuan mix vegetables served with white rice, $6.99
• Ginger chicken served with white rice, $7.49
• Honey pepper beef served with white rice, $7.99
• Ginger shrimp/fish served with white rice, $8.49
3099 Breckenridge Blvd., Suite 221B, Duluth
• Open since: Oct. 21, 2012
• Owner: Amin Khetani of Lawrenceville
• Location: The restaurant can be found in the Breckenridge Corners shopping center off Breckenridge Road in Duluth.
• Atmosphere: Chopstixs has a small dining area where customers place their orders at a counter in the back of the restaurant. Two- and four-top table seating is provided and the walls are dotted with Asian-inspired décor.
• Hours: 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and noon to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
• Menu: The cuisine at Chopstixs is Chinese with Indian influences, as Khetani is originally from India.
“It’s Chinese food with Indian fusion, with Indian taste in it,” Khetani said.
All dishes are cooked to order from scratch and are Khetani’s recipes.
Khetani said the most popular dishes are the Manchow soup, a garlic- and ginger-based soup, the chili pepper chicken, a Szechuan-based chicken service with white rice, and the chili beef in a soy-based sauce with onions and bell peppers.
The restaurant offers a daily weekday lunch special from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. that includes a choice of several dishes — vegetables or chicken, paneer or beef and shrimp or fish — as well as rice or noodles, soup, a spring roll and a canned soda for $5.99. On weekends, the price of the special is $6.99 and it’s offered from noon to 4 p.m.
• Things you might not know: Khetani, who is a chef by profession, worked in a restaurant of the same name while living in India. His establishment here in Gwinnett is 100 percent halal.