LAWRENCEVILLE — On Monday evening, ArtWorks! Gwinnett held its third annual Fusion Awards at the Aurora Theatre in Lawrenceville.
The awards recognized the contributions of artists, arts organizations, arts educators and corporate supporters of the arts.
The following awards were presented:
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Barefoot in the Park founder Caryn McGarity
• Vision Award: Duluth Mayor Nancy Harris
• Arts Educator of the Year: Clayborn Knight, principal at Nesbit Elementary
• Arts Volunteer of the Year: Linda Murphy with Explore Gwinnett
• Corporate Arts Citizen — Individual: Explore Gwinnett Executive Director Lisa Anders
• Corporate Arts Citizen — Organization: Peach State Federal Credit Union — Marshall Boutwell
• Community Impact — Community Partnership: Barefoot in the Park
• Community Impact — Arts Leader: Suwanee Public Arts Commission
• Community Impact — Community Arts Program: Gwinnett County Public Library “Pulp Art” Exhibit
• Community Impact — Creative Business: Sign Creations
• Community Impact — Literary Artist: Chanda Bell
• Community Impact — Performing Artist: Chuck Mason, who performs with New Dawn Theater
• Community Impact — Visual Artist: Sal Brownfield
• Community Impact — Visual Arts Organization: Barefoot in the Park
• Community Impact — Performing Arts Organization: Aurora Theatre
The ceremony featured performances from Gwinnett artists Sounds of Suwanee, Gwinnett Ballet Theatre and the Aurora Theatre. Sponsors included Primerica, Andersen Tate & Carr, Jackson EMC, the Aurora Theatre, The McGarity Group and members of the ArtWorks! Gwinnett Board of Directors.