ON THE MENU
• Quintin Dip: Large bowl of melted queso with grilled shrimp, skirt steak and chicken served with pico de gallo and your choice of flour or corn tortillas.
• Salmon Salad: Grilled chile glazed salmon served over a bed of spring mix with black beans, Chihuahua cheese, roasted corn, bacon, cilantro, green onions, slices of avocado, pasilla sauce and homemade dressing.
• Quintin Texas Fajitas: Grilled skirt steak, chicken, and shrimp on a sizzling hot bed of bell peppers and onions served with rice, beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and warm flour or corn tortillas.
• Revolution Burrito: A large flour tortilla rolled with premium juicy skirt steak or grilled chicken sautéed with grilled onions and bell peppers covered with homemade ranchero sauce and fresh avocado. Served with rice and charro beans.
• Surf and Turf: Premium tender marinated tiger shrimp combined with choice of premium juicy skirt steak or grilled chicken sautéed with bell peppers in a homemade guajillo sauce. Served with jalapeño corn and mashed potatoes.
Señor Quintin Mex-Grill
2855 Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd., Suwanee
Open Since: 2013
Owner: Hugo Guerra
Location: Señor Quintin is located in the Horizon Village Shopping Center at the intersection of Lawrenceville Suwanee Rd. and Horizon Drive.
Hours: Señor Quintin is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Mondays through Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and noon to 10:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Atmosphere: The restaurant has a festive, intimate dining room with brightly-colored, orange walls and eclectic lighting. There are TVs all around the dining room and in the bar, which make it a good place to catch a favorite sporting event while enjoying a meal. Guerra says service and presentation are top priorities, so the Señor Quintin staff strives to offer a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
Menu: The menu is a combination of traditional Mexican cuisine and Tex-Mex. It offers traditional mexican favorites like tacos and quesadillas along with Quintin originals like the Arrachera and Surf and Turf. Quintin Arrachera is an 8 oz. grilled skirt steak served with a grilled poblano pepper stuffed with Oaxaca cheese, grilled portobello mushrooms and charro beans.
There are several menu options for seafood lovers, including the mango salmon, seafood burrito and chipotle shrimp. The shrimp salad is a good choice for those wanting a lighter meal — it has 12 grilled Tiger shrimp with mango, sliced avocado, roasted corn, black beans and queso fresco over a bed of sprint mix tossed in a chipotle sauce.
They offer a kids menu, vegetarian menu and lunch menu, which is offered from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The drink menu includes fountain drinks, fresh juices, draft and bottled beers and a selection of daiquiris and margaritas, frozen or on the rocks. Their signature margarita, Quintin Rita, is made with Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila, Gran Gala and lime juice.
Things you might not know: Guerra had been in the restaurant industry for about 12 years, when he decided to take the risk and go into business for himself. He created the menu and recipes from scratch and still cooks in the kitchen full-time.
A second location in Suwanee just opened two weeks ago in the Stone Bridge Promenade Shopping Center off of Highway 141 near Johns Creek. The new location has the same menus and festive decor and also includes outdoor patio seating.