So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Mark Dodson of Roswell.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1. Name the last person to win an Oscar for playing a character who murdered another with a firearm.
A: Christoph Waltz in “Django Unchained”
2. Name a live-action movie in which one Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee played another inductee.
A: In “200 Motels,” Ringo Starr played Frank Zappa
3. Name a movie in which Julia Roberts’ character worked at a restaurant.
A: “Mystic Pizza”
4. What card in a deck of 52 was the “trip” or “activate” card in “The Manchurian Candidate” (1962)?
A: Queen of diamonds
5. Name a year when two or more people won Oscars for acting for playing non-fictional heads of state.
A: 2007 — Helen Mirren as Elizabeth II in “The Queen” and Forest Whitaker as Idi Amin in “The Last King of Scotland”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1. In what U.S. state was “To Die For” set?
2. Name the last person to win two Oscars for acting where both characters they played died in the film.
3. What character smokes marijuana in “True Romance?”
4. In what city does the Kevin Costner character meet the James Earl Jones character in “Field of Dreams?”
5. Name a TV series that shared its title with an Alfred Hitchcock film.
The first person (located in the U.S.) to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please e-mail your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.