Pictured clockwise from front are the house delight salad, Fratelli’s pizza, homemade garlic rolls and gluten-free bella bianca pizza. (Staff Intern: Danielle Ryan)
ON THE MENU
• Stromboli — Pepperoni, sausage, peppers, mushrooms, onions and mozzarella, served with marinara sauce, $7.49
• Spicy fish sandwich — Seasoned fish filet served with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and banana peppers, topped with a homemade spicy cream dressing, $8.50 with fries
• Pesce florentine — White fish with mushrooms, spinach and shallots in a spicy cream sauce served over fettucine, $14.95
• Buffalo chicken parmigiana — Breaded chicken in choice of Buffalo sauce with melted mozzarella cheese served with lettuce, tomato and onions, $8.50 with fries
3070 Main St. W., Snellville
• Open since: September 2013
• Owner: Danny Gomez of Lawrenceville
• Location: The restaurant is directly off Main Street in Snellville.
• Hours: 4 to 9 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays and noon to 9 p.m. Sundays
• Atmosphere: Fratelli’s has a classic, rustic atmosphere with red booths, wooden fixtures and a low, wooden ceiling. Outside there is a partially covered red cement patio with a fireplace and iron tables, along with several wooden picnic tables. Pop music plays throughout and there is a friendly family ambiance.
• Menu: Gomez’s recipes are compiled from years of experience working in Italian restaurants. He has been cooking since age 9 and has been working in Italian restaurants since he was 13. He strives to provide delicious food for a reasonable price.
All of Fratelli’s dressings, sauces and meatballs are made fresh in-house. The desserts are also made fresh in-house and include gluten-free lava cake, cheesecake, tiramisu and cannoli.
Fratelli’s offers a range of Italian classics and a number of unique dishes. The most popular dishes are Grandma’s pizza, Bella Bianca, the Fratelli buffalo chicken Parmesan and the spicy fish sandwich. Gomez said the spicy fish sandwich is so beloved by one customer that he comes by several times a week to get it.
Pizzas at Fratelli’s come in three sizes and can be made in traditional or Sicilian style. There is also a gluten-free pizza option which comes in a personal size. Pizza by the slice is also available and can be customized any way you like it.
Fratelli’s does dine-in or take-out and has a number of specials for both. There are dine-in lunch specials served daily until 3 p.m. as well as a senior citizen special served all day. Take-out specials vary and are listed on the back of the menu and on the restaurant’s website.
• Things you might not know: Gomez picked the name Fratelli’s for his restaurant because fratelli means “brothers” or “siblings.” He believes that his restaurant and the people who dine there are part of his family.
The Twin Towers are incorporated into the Fratelli’s logo because Gomez is from Long Beach, New York.
“We stand strong and united,” he said of the logo. “I represent New York one hundred percent.”