So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Trevor Tonnesen of Buford.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
In the film “Philadelphia,” the Tom Hanks and Antonio Banderas characters were seen toward the end of the film wearing similar uniforms associated with what branch of the U.S. military?
A: The Navy
What was the home state of the Kaye (Diane Keaton) character in “The Godfather” trilogy?
A: New Hampshire
Name the last song to win an Oscar for Best Original Song and hit number one on the American Top 40 chart.
A: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem from “8 Mile”
The last scene in the movie “Glory” was set in what state?
A: South Carolina
What type of flower was featured prominently in “Adaptation?”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1) What musical instrument does the Tim Robbins character give the Morgan Freeman character in “The Shawshank Redemption?”
2) Name the performer to receive an Oscar nomination for playing three different characters in the same movie.
3) What nonfictional magazine is seen on the advertising poster promoting “The Ides of March?”
4) Name the last documentary to claim the top spot on the weekly box office sales chart.
5) The first half of “Full Metal Jacket” was set at what U.S. military installation?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.