Thursday, September 5, 2013
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
LOGANVILLE — A faulty light fixture may be to blame for a Thursday afternoon house fire in Loganville.
Gwinnett County firefighters responded to the home on the 1300 block of Tumblerock Way at about 3 p.m. and found smoke and flames coming from the rear of the ranch-style structure. Crews searched the home and battled the blaze, bringing it under control within about 30 minutes.
“The owner of the home recently vacated the house and the new residents hadn’t moved in, so the house was empty of contents and people,” Lt. Colin Rhoden said. “There were no injuries reported.”
The house sustained heavy fire damage and burned the roof in the back quarter of the house.
“An arson investigator was called to the scene for cause determination and found a faulty electrical lighting fixture to be the probable cause,” Rhoden said.