So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Joan McLaughlin of Suwanee.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) In addition to providing the soundtrack, the band Chicago had three of its members cast as actors in what cult/action film from the ’70s?
A: “Electra Glide in Blue”
2) In what movie was the Clint Eastwood character a veteran of the Korean War?
A: “Gran Torino”
3) What is the common acting bond shared by Charlize Theron, Mark Harmon, Ian Holm, Brian Dennehy and Jeremy Renner?
A: All played non-fictional serial killers
4) Who was the youngest male to win an Academy Award for acting?
A: Timothy Hutton, age 20, in “Ordinary People”
5) Name two movies starring Brad Pitt where his female co-star was also his offscreen girlfriend at the time the movie was being made.
A: “Kalifornia” (Juliette Lewis) and “Se7en” (Gwyneth Paltrow)
Now, for this week's questions:
Name the last movie where two performers from the same film were nominated for Oscars in the same acting category.
Name the last person to win both an Oscar and a Tony Award for playing the same character.
Name an Oscar-nominated film that was an adaptation of a rock album.
What is the highest-grossing horror movie of all-time?
Name the actress who turned down roles in “Basic Instinct,” “The Blind Side,” “The Godfather III,” “Indecent Proposal,” “Shakespeare in Love” and “Sleepless in Seattle?”
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.