As of Saturday, October 26, 2013
© Copyright 2015 Gwinnett Daily Post
- Buns or dinner rolls
- Water and a pan
- Slice the hotdogs into long narrow strips.
- Boil the strips until they curl (and look like worms).
- Toss the hot strips in ketchup and pile them in a bun.
- Cut the bun into four or more pieces making sure the ‘worms’ hang out a bit.
- Place a toothpick in each sandwich.
- Giant white marshmallows
- Lollipop sticks or craft sticks
- Black gel writer (in a small tube)
- Using the tube of gel, draw a face on each marshmallow.
- Allow the marshmallows to sit for 15-20 minutes so the face can set.
- When the faces are set, insert a stick partially into the marshmallow. Tip: Inserting the stick too far will allow the marshmallow to slide down the stick.
- Stick the pops in Styrofoam. Seen here is a piece of an orange pool noodle sliced in half.
- Oreo cookies
- Stick pretzels
- Cinnamon Candies
- Frosting (use the orange and black tubes)
- Open the cookie and squeeze some of the orange frosting inside
- Stick the pretzels to the frosting, four on each side.
- Add just a bit more frosting and replace the top cookie.
- Glue two cinnamon candies on top for eyes, using the black gel writer to hold them in place.
More like this story
- Elections 2013: What's on the ballot for local races ( October 31, 2013 )
- SPLOST: Current and past projects ( November 3, 2013 )
- Fourth of July feast: Recipes and tips from Gwinnett Technical College Culinary Arts ( June 27, 2015 )
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Seven Psychopaths' ( January 31, 2013 )
- DISC SPOTLIGHT: 'Chronicle' ( May 16, 2012 )