Monday, November 18, 2013
© Copyright 2014
Gwinnett Daily Post
GRAYSON — The Grayson City Council voted Monday night to allow a change of conditions on its recently passed roof pitch requirement.
Acadia Homes (Sawyer Farms Subdivision) asked the council to reduce the minimum stated pitch of 10:12 — 10 inches of rise to 12 inches of run — and the body approved it for R4 (residential) zoning.
Action came at the regular monthly council meeting.
In other business, Mayor Jim Hinkle issued a proclamation recognizing author Joey Hancock as “writer in residence” for the city. Hancock, who has worked with the Grayson History Center, is an outdoor television personality and hunting guide. Hancock said he plans to bring writers in the city together, and introduce writing to young people.
The council also:
• Agreed to replace the slide for the City Park.
• Awarded a bid to Lee Friend’s Tree Service, Loganville, to remove a tree.
• Approved a resolution in regard to a Comcast contract.
• Set 10 a.m. Dec. 2 as the date for landscape contract interviews.
• Announced that Saturday, Nov. 30, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, will be Small Business Saturday in Grayson.
• Announced that Sunday, Dec. 8, will be “Christmas in Grayson,” featuring an appearance by Santa Claus and a petting zoo.