So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Lynn Battle of Suwanee.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) Name a movie that shares its title with a song by Warren Zevon.
A: “Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead”
2) Name the last person to receive Best Director Oscar nominations three years in a row.
A: Francis Ford Coppola
3) What was the occupation of the Tim Robbins character in “The Shawshank Redemption?”
4) Name someone who received multiple posthumous Oscar nominations for acting.
A: James Dean
5) Name someone who has performed more than one James Bond theme song.
A: Shirley Bassey (“Goldfinger,” “Diamonds Are Forever,” “Moonraker”)
Now, for this week’s questions:
1) What song has appeared in three different Martin Scorsese movies (performed each time by the same artist/group)?
2) In what U.S. state and foreign country was “Altered States” set?
3) Name two living people who received Oscar nominations in both the lead and supporting acting categories in the same year.
4) In what movie does the David Spade character sport a mullet haircut?
5) What is the home state of the Tom Hanks character in “Saving Private Ryan?”
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.