Veterans Day is a national holiday honoring all of the service men and women who have sacrificed their time, strength and bravery to keep our country free. This weekend, there are several events that the public — and veterans, of course — are able to attend to say “thank you” for everything the military does for our nation.
Even if you can’t make it out to any of the events, remember to call a vet and give a few kind words.
Lilburn hosts a recognition ceremony and ice cream social, plus a display of patriotic quilts that will be donated to members of the military.
• When: 2 p.m.
• Where: Lilburn City Park, 76 Main St., Lilburn
• For more information: www.cityoflilburn.com
Gwinnett County’s Veterans Day Ceremony will honor the men and women who have served in the armed forces with military veterans and public service personnel.
• When: 11 a.m.
• Where: The Fallen Heroes Memorial on the grounds of the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center, 75 Langley Drive, Lawrenceville
• For more information: www.gwinnettcounty.com
The city of Loganville is teaming up with American Legion Riders Post No. 233 to celebrate veterans.
• When: 11 a.m.
• Where: City Hall, 4385 Pecan St., Loganville
• For more information: www.loganville-ga.gov
Lawrenceville hosts “A Day of Honor” for veterans with lunch and live music by the Central Gwinnett High School Band and Voices of Gwinnett.
• When: Noon to 2 p.m.
• Where: Lawrenceville Visitor Center, 233 E. Crogan St., Lawrenceville
• For more information: www.visitlawrenceville.com