So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• In order, in what two states were the first and last scenes in "Forrest Gump" set?
A: Georgia and Alabama
• Name the member of the Miami Dolphins who appeared as himself in a 1994 blockbuster.
A: Dan Marino ("Ace Ventura: Pet Detective")
• Who were the youngest siblings (the lowest combined age in years at the time of their nominations) to ever receive Oscar nominations for acting?
A: River and Joaquin Phoenix
• What was the mixed drink preferred by the Bill Murray character in "Scrooged?"
A: Vodka on the rocks with a splash of Tab
• What major character in "Bonnie & Clyde" was a composite?
A: C.W. Moss (played by Michael Pollard)
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name a movie where Val Kilmer played an openly gay character.
- What professional sport did one of the principal characters in "The Great Gatsby" play?
- Name two movies starring Warren Beatty that were remakes.
- Name a fictional live-action movie where Martin Scorsese appeared as himself.
- Name the last person to win an Oscar for acting whose character died in the movie.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.