Tripp's Facebook page blocked for several hours

The popular Facebook page where pictures and updates are posted about Tripp Halstead was blocked from its administrators for several hours on Friday.

Facebook prevented the page from being updated because of a false report about offensive material, said Crystal Condon, Halstead's aunt. After an earlier similar report, Condon said they were warned a third block could delete the page. Condon said the family realized it early Friday morning, and were each blocked from their personal Facebook pages.

Halstead's mother, Stacy, wrote at about 3:30 p.m. on Friday after the page was reinstated just before 3 p.m.

"Someone had reported our page to Facebook for being offensive," she wrote. "I tried to log on at 4:30 a.m. and got the message that said something like, 'You have been reported for offensive content and will be blocked for 24 hours for investigation.'"

The fan page, "Tripp Halstead Updates," which counts 347,000 "likes," had several dozen supportive comments from well-wishers on Friday afternoon directed to the family of the toddler who suffered a traumatic brain injury.

Before the block, the most recent update, a picture of the toddler sleeping, was posted on Thursday evening. Condon said a post immediately after the picture was deleted.

Halstead's parents, Bill and Stacy, Condon and the toddler's grandparents often post several updates each day about his condition at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite.

Those status updates routinely receive tens of thousands of "likes" and encouraging comments.

On Thursday, Stacy again expressed her appreciation to supporters.

"Thank you all for your prayers for Tripp," she wrote. "I hope he has a great day and we keep moving towards getting him home. Love you all."

On Monday, Halstead had an 11th surgery, this time to re-insert a shunt in his head, and remove drains that took fluid off of the toddler's brain. On Wednesday, he had a tube inserted in his stomach to deliver food and medicine.

March 29 will be the five month mark since the toddler suffered the injury when a heavy tree limb fell on him outside his Barrow County daycare.

Condon said the toddler had a CT scan on Friday morning that revealed there was a problem with the shunt.

"He hasn't been good since surgery on Monday," she told the Daily Post.

After there were tentative plans to go home on Friday or Saturday, Condon said following the CT scan results that there's a 50-50 chance he would have another surgery.

"It breaks our heart, each surgery he's done worse," she said. "Every time he goes in sets him back more."