So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Steve Mattingly of Atlanta.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• Name a movie where Al Pacino played a professional athlete.
A: "Bobby Deerfield"
• Name two movies that chose to alter their advertising posters in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
A: "Spider-man" and "The Last Castle"
• What living, multiple Oscar-winning performer has never been interviewed on network television?
A: Jack Nicholson
• Which Quentin Tarantino movie was partly animated?
A: "Kill Bill, Vol. 2"
• Name the last person to be nominated for an acting Oscar who played a character that was an active member of the US military at some point in the movie.
A: Joaquin Phoenix in "The Master"
Now, for this week's questions:
- The exterior shots in "Wedding Crashers" were set and filmed near what well-known body of water?
- Who is the youngest person to ever receive an Oscar nomination for Best Director?
- Name a nonfictional character portrayed in "Moulin Rouge!"
- Name the last movie to receive a Best Picture nomination that was presented in "real time."
- What brand of eyeglasses did the Tom Cruise characters wear in "Top Gun" and "Risky Business?"
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.