Now that school is out and the warm weather has arrived, you can head outdoors to enjoy the natural beauty of nature. When you become bored with that, there are several free movies and concerts around the county this weekend in the open air -- the hard part may be choosing which ones to attend. -- Compiled by Staff Reporter Meghan Kotowski
How about music and movie in one place? The Woodys perform at 6:30 p.m., then "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" hits the screen.
• When: Fun starts at 5 p.m., movie begins at dusk Saturday
• Where: Village Amphitheatre at the Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford
• For more information: www.simon.com
Anchor Church is sponsoring the showing of "Wreck-It Ralph." Drinks, popcorn, sno-cones and candy are available for purchase.
• When: Fun starts at 7 p.m., movie begins at dusk today
• Where: Grayson Community Park, One Park Drive, Grayson
• For more information: www.cityofgrayson.org
Eat lunch on the lawn while listening to Scott Douglas Steel Drums during the city's Brown Bag Concert.
• When: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today
• Where: Gwinnett Historic Courthouse, 185 Crogan St., Lawrenceville
• For more information: www.gwinnettcounty.com
7 Bridges: Ultimate Eagles Tribute Band takes stage as part of the Norcross Summer Concert Series.
• When: 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. today
• Where: Thrasher Park, 93 Park Drive, Norcross
• For more information: www.aplacetoimagine.com
Buy dinner from one of the food trucks, then come back to next night for "The Amazing Spider-Man," which is part of Suwanee's Movies Under the Stars.
• When:Food trucks 7 p.m. today, movie after dusk Saturday
• Where: Town Center Green, 330 Town Center Ave., Suwanee
• For more information: www.suwanee.com