Tuesday, July 23, 2013
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
BUFORD — Two adults were displaced after a house fire in Buford on Tuesday night that was sparked by a pan of grease on the stove.
The fire was contained in the kitchen, but sent smoke throughout the house, Gwinnett Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said. A man and woman were home at the time of the fire, which was in the 2700 block of King Arthur Court. The man in the house doused the fire with a fire extinguisher before he escaped.
Paramedics checked him for a minor injury, but he was released at the scene. The Red Cross assisted the residents, Rutledge said.