So, you think you’re good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Victoria Dixon of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week’s questions again and the answers:
1) “Almost Famous” was the first live-action film to include multiple songs performed by what Hall of Fame, classic rock band?
A: Led Zeppelin
2) Who first turned down the role in “The Shawshank Redemption” that was eventually played by Tim Robbins?
A: Kevin Costner
3) Name a movie where the Samuel L. Jackson character played a musician.
A: “GoodFellas” and “Kill Bill, Vol. 2.” “Soul Men” would have been acceptible as Jackson portrayed a singer.
4) Which performer’s belly button was seen on the principal poster advertising “American Beauty?”
A: Chloe Hunter (who also served as Mena Suvari’s body double)
5) What movies’ trailer included the tag line “in space no one can hear you scream?”
Now, for this week’s questions:
1) “Shampoo” took place over the space of two days. What were those two days? Bonus points if you can name the exact month(s), dates and year(s).
2) What is the the top selling soundtrack album — that was originally released as a 2-disc set on vinyl?
3) Which famous, non-fictional battle is depicted in the last act of “Little Big Man?”
4) Name the first character to be murdered on screen in “The Godfather.”
5) Name the last movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture that was shot primarily in Texas.
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include “Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest” in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.