As of Monday, July 15, 2013
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
GRAYSON — Qualifying dates for the fall city election were set Monday night by the Grayson City Council.
Those desiring to qualify to run for mayor and council Posts 2 and 4 will need to do so from 8:30 a.m. Aug. 26 through 4:30 p.m. Aug. 28.
In addition, a resolution appointing the following election officials was adopted: Laura Paul-Cone, municipal superintendent, and Libby Smith, poll manager.
In other business, the council:
· Set annual budget hearing dates 6 p.m. Aug. 12 to receive comments, and 7 p.m. Aug. 19 to adopt the amended 2012-13 budget and the 2013-14 budget.
· Agreed to amend its Transportation Grant Streetscape Improvements on Ga. Highway 20 to include the installation of eight new street lights. Work on this $366,000 project will be done by Tri Scapes of Cumming.
· Voted to authorize the implementation of the 2014 special purpose local option sales tax intergovernmental agreement, in line with what other cities in Gwinnett County are doing.
· Tabled the following items: a lawn care maintenance request, along with a park slide replacement and special-needs swing installation for the city park.
· Approved an Eagle Scout project concept from Ethan Porter of Grayson Troop 499, which is designed to include the construction of five workout stations along the walking course at Grayson Park. Porter told the council he would write up his design plans and report back to the panel.