Wednesday, July 10, 2013
© Copyright 2015
Gwinnett Daily Post
LILBURN - A lightning strike caused a bright flash and loud popping sound, which led to a house fire in Lilburn on Wednesday night.
Gwinnett County firefighters responded at 7:20 p.m. to the house at 3905 Embassy Way, and the blaze was confined to the attic with only residual firefighting damage to the second floor, Gwinnett Fire Capt. Tommy Rutledge said.
Two adults and a child were home at the time, and were alerted to the fire by a neighbor that the roof was smoking.
“It appears that lightning hit the roof at the center of the structure and sparked a fire in the attic,” Rutledge said.
No injuries were reported, and the residents gave firefighters an “all clear” signal when they arrived, Rutledge said.