So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Anita Walters of Duluth.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
• Name the first person to win an Oscar for playing an openly gay character.
A: William Hurt for "Kiss of the Spider Woman"
• Who is the youngest person to ever receive an Oscar nomination for acting?
A: Quvenzhane Wallis -- age 9 in 2013 for "Beasts of the Southern Wild"
• In which movie did Bill Murray portray an underwater sea explorer?
A: "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"
• Name a movie where Gene Hackman portrayed a man of the cloth (preacher, priest, etc.)?
A: "The Poseidon Adventure"
• What were the two given (Christian) first names (one alias, one authentic) of the Kevin Spacey character in "The Usual Suspects"?
A: Roger and Keyser
Now, for this week's questions:
- What controversial, landmark film was sampled during the first act of "Forrest Gump?"
- What fruit is shown on-screen (usually preceding death scenes) in "The Godfather" trilogy?
- What 2012 fact-based film was set in the Prohibition-era Virginia Appalachian Mountains?
- What was the biggest-selling soundtrack album of the 1990s?
- In what city was "Bridesmaids" primarily set?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.