0

Cigarette causes house fire

GRAYSON -- Fire officials believe an improperly discarded cigarette caused a house fire in Grayson early Tuesday.

The fire broke out at about 2:47 a.m. in the 100 block of Little Barley Lane in Grayson, a press release said.

No one was injured in the blaze, after a fire alarm awoke the four people inside, the report said, adding that the four were outside safe when fire crews arrived.

But firefighters found heavy smoke showing from the back of the two-story wood frame house, and immediately deployed attack lines to extinguish the flames.

The release said crews were able to pull the exterior wall covering and quickly douse the flames, containing the fire to the outside wall and chimney with no vertical extension.

Believed to be accidental, the fire damaged the exterior wall, deck and chimney area and sent smoke throughout the house, the release said.

Comments

Kent 1 year, 10 months ago

Stupid smoker who should be billed for the firefighters call out.

0

Sign in to comment