So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
1) What was the name of the inmate football team in both versions of "The Longest Yard?"
A: Mean Machine
2) What 1990 book was adapted as a 2004 feature film and later as a network TV series?
A: "Friday Night Lights"
3) What family had three blood relatives all nominated for Oscars in the same year?
A: Coppola (Francis, his sister Talia Shire and father Carmine) in 1974 for "The Godfather II"
4) Name a movie featuring Al Pacino where he received an Oscar nomination while playing a nonfictional character.
A: "Serpico" and "Dog Day Afternoon"
5) Name the first feature film where a sitting, nonfictional U.S. president was a character.
A: "Black Sunday" (1977 -- Jimmy Carter)
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name the first person to win an Oscar for playing an openly gay character.
- Who is the youngest person to ever receive an Oscar nomination for acting?
- In which movie did Bill Murray portray an underwater sea explorer?
- Name a movie where Gene Hackman portrayed a man of the cloth (preacher, priest, etc.)?
- What were the two given (Christian) first names (one alias, one authentic) of the Kevin Spacey character in "The Usual Suspects?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.