0

Fire displaces 6 people in Lawrenceville

LAWRENCEVILLE -- A duplex fire caused by a faulty electric ceiling fan displaced five adults and one child in Lawrenceville on Monday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 200 block of Freeport Drive at 4:26 p.m., and the incident was under control at 4:50 p.m., Gwinnett Fire Lt. Colin Rhoden said. The blaze also caused an electrical service line to be compromised, Rhoden said.

The fire was contained to the attic area of the home, which had moderate damage. Other minor interior damage was attributed to firefighting efforts, Rhoden said.

The cause of the fire was accidental, Rhoden said, and no injuries were reported. Residents from both sides of the duplex were displaced.