Loganville woman hiding with children shoots intruder

LOGANVILLE — Authorities say a Loganville woman shot an intruder five times and the man was arrested after he tried fleeing the scene.

The unidentified woman saw a suspicious man outside her window Friday around 1 p.m. Authorities say the woman took her children to the attic as the man broke in with a crowbar.

When the intruder arrived in the woman's attic, police say she shot him five times. Authorities say the woman ran out of bullets and ordered the man to lie still. Police say the woman and her children left the house and the intruder, identified as 32-year-old Paul Slater of Atlanta, tried fleeing the scene.

Police say Slater crashed his car in a wooded area, has been arrested and is hospitalized at Gwinnett Medical Center.

Comments

MT 1 year, 6 months ago

you wont see this story in the gun control debate,probly saved hers and her kids lives.when your gun is 10 seconds away from you and the cops are 10 minutes away from you which do you chose? life or death? she made the right choice,to bad she didn't spend enough time at the range then maybe we wouldn't be paying for medical bills and prison time

Don 1 year, 6 months ago

Congrats to her, all she needed was a larger magazine so he would not be in the hospital bed but lying in the morgue on a cold slab.

If this happened more often then some of these dirt bags will think twice before committing crimes.

Jan 1 year, 6 months ago

Probably only encourage them to have bullet proof vests and carry a gun, in which case he would be minimally hurt and the three in the attic would be dead.

NewsReader 1 year, 6 months ago

...probably only if educated by the likes of people like you in a Government School intent on indoctrinating our society into becoming permanently dependent on Government for anything and everything and believing in the loads of crap you keep shoveling. I choose to prepare people for the world around them instead of protecting them from it.

Award88 1 year, 6 months ago

Which is why my firearm armed and loaded with black talon rounds. But liberals like you would rather have those bullets, that law abiding citizens could use to protect themselves, outlawed.

gwinnettresident1 1 year, 6 months ago

Well just maybe Jan someday something like this could happen to you..I hope you are wearing your "sign" if i were your neighbor i would put a sign in my yard letting everyone know that you have no guns. I would make sure the arrow pointed straight at you front door

gwinnettresident1 1 year, 6 months ago

always carry the old 45 loaded chambered and hammer back....no matter where i am that is a legal place with a concealed license.

Motor76 1 year, 6 months ago

About that gun control issue...I say mamma had pretty good gun control getting off five shots and hitting him five times. Somebody spent some time at the RANGE and it payed off.

BufordGuy 1 year, 6 months ago

I LOVE it. Need to work a little more on controlling the gun, not gun control. Five shots should have put him DRT!

Jan 1 year, 6 months ago

Definitely supports my contention that training should be required to obtain a gun license. Emptying the gun at point blank range and the man still trying to flee indicates wild panic shooting.

NorcrossDot 1 year, 6 months ago

So you will just sit and wait for the police to take your bodies to the morgue? No slam on police they just can't get there in time to protect you or your family.

NewsReader 1 year, 6 months ago

Yep NorcrossDot, that is precisely what Jan would do. Anybody that has a copy of the movie "A Bug's Life", go look at 2:03 into the movie. That is Jan! LOL, "What do I do?" "What do I do?" Go look at it Jan. I'm sure your grandkids have a copy.

Sandykin 1 year, 6 months ago

Someone breaks into your home and you shoot at and hit that person 5 times to me doesn't indicate panic, it indicates that she aimed and fired in confidence. She wasn't using the gun to kill, she was using it to protect. To me this indicates responsible action to a crime in progress against her, her children and her home.

gwinnettresident1 1 year, 6 months ago

Jan just tries to pi*& people off....

notblind 1 year, 6 months ago

The only thing that supports your contentions is your own self.

Mack711 1 year, 6 months ago

Each time we see a post from Jan, on any subject, we just ignore it and move on. Some including Jan want the government to do and supply everything for them. Most of us who legally own firearms can not wait for the Police in a case like this. The husband was just on the noon news and made a comment that this is gun control. Great shot and great training right Jan!!!! Bet no one else tries to go to this house unannounced.

gwinnettresident1 1 year, 6 months ago

Jan i would say it was controlled shooting....Right to the mid section like you should...Puncture in the lung, liver and a punctured stomach....cant get much better....Jan i wouldnt get around this woman with her wild shooting...Might lose a belly button or have an extra hole for one...shes pretty good

mollyrose 1 year, 6 months ago

Give that lady a gold star!!

NorcrossDot 1 year, 6 months ago

I just love to see what the Liberals have to say. It's a printed "talking point". Congratulations to Mama for protecting her children. Too bad she didn't have a more powerful and extended bullet capacity. Now we have to pay for the scumbag!

gwinnettresident1 1 year, 6 months ago

needed one of those feared high cap magazines...dang luck....i like the way the walton sheriff said it in the paper.....she ran out of bullets....answers the age old question of why she shot him so many times...

JV 1 year, 6 months ago

I'll make sure the NRA has this news for their The Armed Citizen publication. Oh but that and this news article are just biased anecdotal evidence right Jan?

JimmyOrr 1 year, 6 months ago

The lady is to be commended. JV, you beat me to it. I was going to mail the clipping to "The Armed Citizen" in NRA's 1st. Freedom magazine myself. I am a proud member of the NRA. Have been since 1960. Support your NRA. An annual membership (I think) only costs $35.00 dollars.

Kent 1 year, 6 months ago

I would recommend SAF instead. The NRA totally ticked me off when they took forever to take the position to not support Harry Reid the last election. Before that they gave the max. contribution to him. They also supported John Murtha, and a recent Democrat they supported now wants strict gun controls since he has been elected.

SurelyNot 1 year, 6 months ago

Way to go, Mama! That is what a gun should be for! Glad you had it. This is not an argument for or against the gun control some of us support. You were right on!

notblind 1 year, 6 months ago

"I'm dying, help me". Gotta love it.