So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Johnny Robinson of Lawrenceville.Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
Name the Top 10 single to include the name "Brad Pitt" in the lyrics.
A: "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain
Name someone who has won an acting Oscar and hosted the Academy Awards ceremony.
A: Whoopi Goldberg and Anne Hathaway
Name a past acting Oscar nominee who is also a blood relative of a former Playboy Playmate of the Year.
A: Melissa McCarthy ("Bridesmaids") first cousin of Jenny McCarthy
What is the target(s) of the final terrorist attack in "Fight Club?"
A: Credit reporting agencies
What food does Vito Corleone show to Don Ciccio in "The Godfather II" just prior to assassinating him?
A: Olive oil
Now, for this week's questions:
- "The Method" acting technique was conceived and originally conceived by whom?
- Name someone who has received Oscar nominations in more than five categories.
- What man directed his parent and his child in movies where both won Oscars?
- What is the common bond shared by the films: "Leaving Las Vegas," "Sabrina" (1995), "Lethal Weapon 3," "Demolition Man," "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason," "Kate & Leopold," "The Thomas Crown Affair" (1999) and "The Three Musketeers" (1993)?
- What classic rock album is considered by some to be synchronized to "The Wizard of Oz?"
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to email@example.com. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.