So, you think you're good at movie trivia? Every week, we give readers the opportunity to flex their movie muscles by answering five trivia questions from our movie critic, Michael Clark.
Congratulations to last week's winner, Brittany Wygladalski of Sugar Hill.
Here are last week's questions again and the answers:
Name two Coen brothers movies that were set fully or mostly in Texas.
A: "Blood Simple," "No Country for Old Men" and "True Grit"
In what movie did Teri Hatcher play a character that was a former Olympic athlete?
A: "2 Days in the Valley"
What David Lynch movie shared its title with a No. 1 Billboard top 40 pop song?
A: "Blue Velvet"
What Elvis Presley movie was set during the Civil War?
A: "Love Me Tender"
What is the common movie bond shared by Robert de Niro, Kevin Costner, Robert Redford, Charlie Sheen, Ray Liotta, Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones and Dennis Quaid?
A: All have played professional baseball players (Costner and Sheen have done so twice).
Now, for this week's questions:
- Name the Top 10 single to include the name "Brad Pitt" in the lyrics.
- Name someone who has won an acting Oscar and hosted the Academy Awards ceremony.
- Name a past acting Oscar nominee who is also a blood relative of a former Playboy Playmate of the Year.
- What is the target(s) of the final terrorist attack in "Fight Club"?
- What food does Vito Corleone show to Don Ciccio in "The Godfather II" just prior to assassinating him?
The first person to respond with all the correct answers receives a prize package of movie-related goodies, which could include promotional T-shirts, hats, posters, DVDs, video games and more. The winner also gets their name published in the next Weekend section. Please email your answers, along with your name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Gwinnett Daily Post Trivia Contest" in the subject line. In the event no one answers all of the questions correctly, the person with the most correct answers submitted by 6 p.m. the Monday after the contest is posted will be the winner. Only one winner per household is eligible each 30-day period.