Breaking News

Man found dead at Duluth apartment complex April 19, 2014

Broun to hold town hall Tuesday

Paul Broun

Paul Broun

DACULA -- Eastern Gwinnett residents can meet their new congressman -- a man who could become the state's next senator -- in a town hall meeting Tuesday.

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun, R-Athens, has scheduled his first event in Gwinnett since district lines changed to include a portion of the county earlier this year.

Broun, who represents District 10, announced earlier this month that he would seek the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Saxby Chambliss, who plans to retire in two years.

The event, planned for 6 p.m. Tuesday at Dacula City Hall, kicks off a series of constituent service days scheduled for the coming weeks in 12 locations in the district.

Comments

DavidBrown 1 year, 1 month ago

Could someone please ask Congressman Broun how he reconciles his stated respect for the sanctity of marriage with his four marriages and three children by three different women.

news2me 1 year, 1 month ago

DavidBrown, this makes the 3rd time in a matter of days you have inquired about his personal life. Since you are so interested in him, go to Dacula to meet him and ask him these intimate questions that are bothering you so much. JMHO, you sound a bit jealous ....

R 1 year, 1 month ago

As a self confessed fan of former president Mr. Clinton, perhaps you can explain in great detail the real meaning of “is” during your meeting in Dacula, until then – this concern appears a bit non sequitur.

To my knowledge, only one of these gentlemen accepted monies into their legal defense fund from people behind what had been the eastern curtain just a few short years before, while professing his “innocence” which was later revealed as not so innocent.

bestoinkdooley 1 year, 1 month ago

He's just as good as any Republican.

DavidBrown 1 year, 1 month ago

"news2me", I am not jealous. I have proven I respect the sanctity of marriage. I have been married to my wife for 32 years. This has been my only marriage. I am very proud of that achievement. Whatever happened to "family values"? How come "family values" is not mentioned anymore by social conservatives?

news2me 1 year, 1 month ago

Why do you continue to post a question like that on a forum you know he is never going to read? You really don't care want his answer is, now do you? You just want to stir the pot. All that does it makes you look the fool, not him.

"Family values" is never mentioned by conservatives anymore because it falls on an abundance of deaf ears. No matter the explanation he gives, the answer will never be good enough for folks like you. Family values are all but extinct on the left, so why not ask your persistent questions of a democratic candidate?

Why do you look down on a Republican for his marriages, but not the multitude and magnitude of bad behavior within your own party? To be quite blunt, you folks show compassion and forgiveness for everything and everybody EXCEPT if they have an (R) behind their name. Be honest, for once, and stop asking silly questions when you really don't care what the answer is. SMH.