It’s only a few more days until the countdown to 2014. Haven’t made plans yet? There are plenty of parties happening around Gwinnett County for New Year’s Eve — no matter if you want to celebrate with your children or with an adult night out on the town.
Chateau Elan is offering three New Year’s Eve celebrations — Speakeasy, Great Gatsby or Romantic Spa packages for an evening of food, drinks, party favors, live music and a bed for an overnight stay.
• When: Times vary per package
• Where: Chateau Elan, 100 Rue Charlemagne, Braselton
• Cost: Reservations start at $479
• For more information: www.chateauelan.com
Duluth is hosting a family-friendly event with live music by The American Flyers, inflatables for the kids and a big screen TV showing the Chick-fil-A Bowl — Duke vs. Texas A&M.
• When: 6 p.m.
• Where: Duluth Town Green, 3142 Hill St., Duluth
• Cost: Free
• For more information: www.duluthga.net
The city of Lawrenceville presents its 10th annual Lawrenceville Rings party with music by The Breakfast Club and The Neons, fireworks and inflatables.
• When: 7:30 p.m.
• Where: Gwinnett Historic Courthouse lawn, 185 W. Crogan St., Lawrenceville
• Cost: Free; tables reservations $65
• For more information: www.visitlawrenceville.com
Medieval Times in Sugarloaf Mills Mall has a live show, passes to the Museum of Torture, a four-course meal and live music. At midnight, everyone will receive champagne to toast to 2014 — children are served a non-alcoholic beverage.
• When: 9:30 p.m.
• Where: Medieval Times, 5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Suite 517, Lawrenceville
• Cost: $36 to $70
• For more information: www.medievaltimes.com
Florida Georgia Line and The Chris Lane Band perform at Wild Bill’s for New Year’s Eve. Admission includes a champagne toast at midnight, for those of age. The event is for patrons 18 years and older.
• When: 8 p.m.
• Where: Wild Bill’s, 2075 Market St., Duluth
• Cost: $47.20
• For more information: wildbillsatlanta.com
Garden Plaza Norcross is hosting its fourth annual New Year’s Eve Party with the theme Roaring 20s Latin and Variety Dance Party.
• When: 8 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Where: Garden Plaza Norcross, 6050 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Norcross
• Cost: $40 to $170 per person or $130 to $215 per couple
• For more information: www.newyearsevedanceparty.com
In Buford, 37 Main is partying through the night with live music by Purple Xperience, a Prince tribute.
• When: Doors open at 7 p.m.
• Where: 37 Main, 37 E. Main St., Buford
• Cost: $17 to $25
• For more information: www.37main.com
Lawrenceville’s 550 Trackside opens its doors for an evening of hats, horns, beads and other surprises, plus colored lights, smokey dance floors and tableside candlelight.
• When: 8 p.m to 12:30 a.m.
• Where: 550 Trackside, 550 N. Clayton St., Lawrenceville
• Cost: $20 to $25
• For more information: 770-336-8003